I get pain in the arch or my foot or feet after marching band.What might be the cause of it? Are there any precautionsthat I need to take?

In brief: Plantar Fasciitis

This is probably plantar fasciitis.
Make sure you are using good supportive shoes. Otc soft orthotics can help. The other treatments would be cortisone injections, taping of the arch, and achilles tendon stretching. Try to avoid going barefoot. Custom orthotics are also available.

In brief: Plantar Fasciitis

This is probably plantar fasciitis.
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
2 comments
Dr. Richard Mallia
Over the counter anti-inflammatories may help also if taken as directed and one is aware of the possible side effects. A person taking Aspirin must be extra careful

In brief: Need more info

Please give us more information so that your symptoms can narrow down possible causes.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman

In brief: You need support

The pain may be from stress on the plantar arch and may respond well to orthotic therapy for your feet.
You may want to try stretching before band practice and then using an ice pack for 15 min. After marching.

In brief: You need support

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Kirk Geter
Podiatry

In brief: Need better support

Arch pain after activity may be due to a low arch.
This can put excessive pressure on muscles, ligaments, joints and bones. In a lot of cases this may require a more supportive shoe of arch support. Please take the time to have this evaluated by a professional.

In brief: Need better support

Dr. Kirk Geter
Dr. Kirk Geter
Dr. Vicken Poochikian