I injured my tongue by biting and eating too hot food. I have few red marks, one deep. What good for treatment and protection of infection. Thank.

In brief: If this is more than

If this is more than a minor cut, see a dentist or oral surgeon, especially the "one deep" cut you mentioned.
Other minor bite-related cuts will be quickly healing if the areas do not get infected. Avoid spices ; alcohol that irritate open wounds. Make sure to keep the inside the mouth clean by rinsing with antiseptic mouth rinse. Make sure your hands ; food are clean also. Drink lots of water.

In brief: If this is more than

Dr. John McMahan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Tongue bite

It will usually heal on its own but watch for increased pain or swelling.

In brief: Tongue bite

Dr. Adam Smith