My wife has some spotting and bleeding between periods, it makes me very nervous?

Possibly. Let's take care of both of you. A frank discussion by the 2 of you with her gynecologist is first step.
Why are you nervous? You don't mention why it makes you nervous. Perhaps you have a reason, but breakthrough bleeding around mid cycle may have to do with estrogen excess or even insufficient estrogen...And can be caused by, or relieved by oral contraceptives in many cases. There are other, less common causes, but it is not clear from your question if there is reason to suspect anything more complicated.