My psychiatrist yelled at me. Is it time to get another one?

In brief: There are number of

Types of therapeutic interventions.
Was the psychiatrist trying to make a point? Was the psychiatrist concerned about your welfare ; safety? Was this a provider who was being unprofessional? I can't answer any of these questions for you - so i don't know. Since i don't know the context of the situation i can't in good conscience tell you what to do. I can tell you that when i push patient's it.

In brief: There are number of

Types of therapeutic interventions.
3 comments
is usually because I care, I see they are stuck or I am concerned for their safety.
Dr. Syed H. Sajid
Yelling at patient is usually never helpful. If the doctor is professionally competent and has always taken good care of you and has been nice to you in the past. Please take a moment to think about the reasons for yelling and then it's your decision to stay with that psychiatrist or not.
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Possibly

It really depends on your existing relationship with the psychiatrist and the circumstances.
Yelling certainly is not a recommended psychiatric treatment, but doctors sometimes do have bad days. You might start with sharing how the yelling made you feel and hear what the doctor has to say. If this is a pattern of abusive behavior, report the act to the state board and find another therapist.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Relationships

Sometimes our perceptions can be limited when it comes to the powerful relationships in our lives.
The relationship between patient and physician can be one of these and that may include some stressful and intense interactions. I would caution you to review a few things: is this relationship helping me? Was this physician expressing concern for my well being? Am i doing anything dangerous?

In brief: Relationships

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Marsha Davis