My cousin has chickenpox and I came in contact with him. How contagious is it?

Dr. Aileen Sedman
In brief: Very contagious
Chicken pox (varicella) is very contagious.
If you previously were vaccinated or have had the disease, your chances of getting it are very low. If you have not had the disease or the vaccine, and you were just exposed, you potentially can get vaccinated to try to help protect you. Contact your physician. You can also call the cdc hotline at 1800 232 2522 and ask for advice for free.

In brief: Very contagious
Dr. Aileen Sedman
Dr. Aileen Sedman
In brief: Very
But it is likely that you have been vaccinated to protect you.
Which means you won't get it. But in the case you didn't receive the vaccine then it may be up to 21 days before you show symptoms.

In brief: Very
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Peter Kurzweil