If I have lockjaw (tetanus) would i be able to open my jaw fully? Stiffness in muscles in neck and jaw but i can open jaw fully. With lockjaw would i i be able to fully open jaw? Spasms all over body.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See doctor

If you truly have lockjaw, you would not be alive long enough to post this question.
You really need to consult your doctor. In the meanwhile , get a tdap booster now so that you won't have to even consider this possibility in the future.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Jared Fialkow
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Spasms

This sounds very serious, so i would get to the er for evaluation.
If it is tetanus, tetanus can be treated but if left untreated for too long, it can cause severe disability or even death.

In brief: Spasms

Dr. Jared Fialkow
Dr. Jared Fialkow