Is my depression the cause of my constant boredom and loss of interest, or is it the other way around?

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Yes and No

A common symptom of depression is anhedonia-loss of interest.
However getting out and doing things can be helpful to contribute to improved mood.

In brief: Yes and No

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Dr. Chris Esguerra

Loss of interest or enjoyment is one of the symptoms of depression, which also include depressed mood, changes in sleep, changes in appetite, poor concentration, low energy, feelings of guilt, suicidal thoughts, and feeling agitated or very slowed.
Constant boredom does not cause depression generally. The question is why do you feel bored and lack interest?

Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Chris Esguerra