I had a wisdom tooth removed on tues at 10 30am..It was a quik simple removal..Now the gum tissue has grown over the hole im just left wit a lil hole?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Extraction site

Sounds like it is healing well.
If you are concerned, see your Surgeon.

In brief: Extraction site

Sounds like it is healing well.
If you are concerned, see your Surgeon.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Nathan Pfister
Dentistry

In brief: Surgery question

It takes time for the bone to fill in.
At this point you prob only have blood clot. Sometimes dentists pack stuff into socket to help with bleeding and healing. I'd still be real careful eating stuff in that area.

In brief: Surgery question

It takes time for the bone to fill in.
Dr. Nathan Pfister
Dr. Nathan Pfister

In brief: Hole will close

What you are describing sounds like an expected healing: first, there will be blood-filled hole, then gums start growing over the hole.
Underneath the growing healing gums, the 'socket' --a hole in bone left after the tooth is gone--starts healing. The hole in the bone will be gradually filled with new bone cells. Isn't the body amazing? After extraction, it is a good idea to have a post-op check.

In brief: Hole will close

Dr. Manami Yamaguchi
Dr. Manami Yamaguchi
Dr. Vicken Poochikian