Cirrhosis pt, always cold, told iron not good for me is there anything else i can use to build up my blood that wont hurt my liver?

Dr. Milton Mintz
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Proper food

Vitamins, see dietician - no alcohol!

In brief: Proper food

Vitamins, see dietician - no alcohol!
Dr. Milton Mintz
Dr. Milton Mintz
Pathology

In brief: Get the facts

Are you anemic or not? If you are, what is the cause? If you have chronic blood loss from upper GI bleeding, it is probably appropriate to supplement with iron unless your cirrhosis is due to hemochromatosis -- you'd know if it were and your doctor is competent.
If you have anemia from some other cause, the cause needs to be addressed. Be proactive and demand to know what's really happening.

In brief: Get the facts

Dr. Keegan Duchicela