I have plantar fasciitis and inserts, but my feet still hurt badly when I run. Is there anything else I can do like wrapping my arches before I run?

Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry
In brief: Combo treatment.
The more you can do together, the better: #1: supportive shoes.
#2: firm inserts or orthotics. #3: oral antiinflammatories (check with your doctor). #4: stretching your foot and calf. #5: icing (10 min at a time). You may also need physical therapy or cortisone injections.

In brief: Combo treatment.
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Cassandra Lee
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Stretch
Plantar fasciitis can be caused by overuse.
You may need to refrain from running until your symptoms improve. In the interim, you should to stretch the plantar fascia and heel cords (achilles) anytime you are inactive for a while. This includes first thin the morning out of bed, anytime you have been sittting for a while.

In brief: Stretch
Dr. Cassandra Lee
Dr. Cassandra Lee
Dr. Robert Greer
In brief: Revisit the DPM
I have a great deal of faith in dr's who have spent as much time in studying foot and ankle diseases as I have in general medicine to help cases like yours.

In brief: Revisit the DPM
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care