If I had a hernia surgery in my groin, how long till I can go back to work (not a lifting job)?

In brief: Soon

If your job is not strenuous, you should be back within a week or two.
You should discuss this with your surgeon.

In brief: Soon

Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Ask Your Surgeon

If your job does not require much exertion, pain is the limiting factor deciding when you can return to work; in essence, my patients tell me when they can return.
On average, most can return within 1week after laparoscopic repair, and within 2 weeks after open repair. Of course, your surgeon knows exactly what your repair involved and is best-suited to answer this.

In brief: Ask Your Surgeon

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery