I've been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, doctor says it needs surgery. Can I still work until I have surgery?

Yes you can unless your doc thinks it will make it worse and cause permanent damage.

Dr. Gregory Ginn
Dr. Gregory Ginn
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Sure
If you can tolerate the symptoms, keep working.
It is unlikely that you are adding any damage. They condition can worsen, especially if you have constant numbness or weakness, so delaying treatment may allow the condition to worsen, and prolong your recovery.

In brief: Sure
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery
But id take the surgery day off and plan a few days off after. After that it depends on things such as who you are and what you do and how numb you were pre=op.
Unless it is a very severe situation I do not limit the work of those with cts prior to surgery. Still, talk to your physician as there are many different scenarios that play into this decision.

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Yes with changes
Yrs you can but you should use positional changes to minimize aggravation of the condition.
Always discuss with your surgeon.

In brief: Yes with changes
Always discuss with your surgeon.
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery