I'm allergic to shellfish. Is there some kinds of sushi that I can eat safely?

Dr. Brian Novick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Tough to say
Going on the assumption you know you are not allergic to scaled fish, the problem with sushi is that it is made in the same place as sushi containing shellfish.
It would be easy for there to be some "cross-contamination" of your "plain" sushi..And end up with shellfish in it..Eventhough you think it doesn't have any. Talk to your dr but it probably is best to avoid all sushi.

In brief: Tough to say
Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Anlin Xu
In brief: It depends
There r significant cross reactivity among different shellfish.
You may have to avoid them all. But there are not a lot cross reactivity between shellfish and fish. U may be able to eat some fish. But u have to make sure that the restaurant prepare ur fish separately if u decide to try. Separate knife, board, etc.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Anlin Xu
Dr. Anlin Xu
Dr. Keegan Duchicela