I was diagnosed with diverticulitis and was started on Flagyl and cipro (ciprofloxacin). How long before feeling better?

48 hours. You really should start feeling better within 48 hours, if not earlier. If your symptoms are not improving or worsening, you should consider talking to the doctor that prescribed the antibiotics.
Depends. If it is uncomplicated diverticulitis, you need to be on a liquid diet at most until the pain and fever resolve and you are passing gas/stool. The antibiotics should be continued for 14 days. You should fell better in 24-48 hours. If not have to suspect a complication, either perforation or abscess and may require hospitalization and/or surgery.