I brush my teeth twice a day for at least two minutes a time. My gums are really sore and bleed when brushing, could this be gingivitis?

Gingivitis. Brushing alone is. Not enough to prevent gingivitis. Start flossing at least once a day. When was your last visit to a dentist? It is important that you schedule an appointment for an evaluation and have your teeth cleaned. The hygienist will remove the tarter and plaque built up on your teeth and help you improved your home care. Gingivitis can be reversed. .
Brushing. Brushing is only one component of your oral hygiene requirement. First see your Dentist for an examination of your teeth and gums, and treatment of our damaged gums or referral to a Periodontist for treatment. Second follow your Dentist's cleaning instructions to the letter. Brush GENTLY but thoroughly with a soft bristled toothbrush. Clean between your teeth daily. Have routine Dental exams.
What, no floss? Brushing is important, but flossing is too, one without the other is not sufficient to maintain gingival health. Yes, it could be gingivitis, so get to the dentist and get it checked out. An examination with radiographs will determine the extent of the problem. It is likely you will need a dental prophylaxis also, and continued dental care to prevent recurrence.
Brushing?Bleeding. Yes, you are right. You do have gingivitis. Need to see your dentist.