I wake up at 3 every morning w/ upper abdominal pain this week. How come?

See Your Doctor. That sounds like a terrible week! you should get in to see your doctor asap. Common causes of upper abdominal pain include gallbladder attacks, ulcer disease, and gastroesophageal reflux (gerd), however the list of possibilities is much longer. To get to the bottom of this, a doctor will ask more specific questions, examine you, and may need blood-and/or radiologic tests. Make an appt. To see pcp.
GERD OR PUD. This is typical of gastric reflux disease. Treatment may require medical as well as positional changes and avoidance of medications that relax the lower esophageal sphincter. It would be first advisable to seek the evaluation of a gastroenterologist for possible upper endoscopy to exclude the possibility of pre-cancerous changes in your esophagus or other possible causes such as hiatal hernia.