I recently picked a bumb off my penis and left a scar, did I do some damage?

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Of course!

A scar means you caused damage! some damage doesn't leave a scar but you caused enough to scar. Didn't your mother tell you not to pick?! this shouldn't be enough damage to affect your sexual function unless the bump was really large but it is best to let doctors remove bumps, especially off delicate areas like the penis!

In brief: Of course!

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Question diagnosis

The importance of diagnosis of the genital lesion needs to be addressed.
It would be a good idea to tell your general practioner or internist to rule out types of lesions such as cancers or venereal diseases. What may at first appear as a scar may be temporary healing which can be an area of the penis which could with repeated trauma convert to cancer. Please see a doctor.

In brief: Question diagnosis

Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Dr. Marc Polecritti
Surgery - Plastics

If the skin scars, damage was done.
All bumps and abnormal growths should be examined by a physician prior to removal.

If the skin scars, damage was done.
Dr. Marc Polecritti
Dr. Marc Polecritti
Dr. Richard Zienowicz
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Too early to tell

The early appearance of skin after a partial thickness lesion has occurred can look initially hypopigmented and indurated.
3-6 months will often lead to imperceptible healing.

In brief: Too early to tell

Dr. Richard Zienowicz
Dr. Richard Zienowicz