How do I convince my mom to let me get help for my OCD and emetophobia?

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Educate Urself, Mom

I'd suggest u educate urself about ocd ; emetophobia so u can explain 2ur mom why u think u have have both! gr8 intro 2ocd here: http://bit.
Ly/ykpajd >phobias ; ocd can really take the fun out of life. Ocd can b like having scared, bossy kid running ur life -getting thoughts u don't want stuck in ur head that trick u 2 do things. >question: do u think ur mom might relate 2ur stuggles?

In brief: Educate Urself, Mom

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: At age 41?

I don't know whether you've put your correct age on this question, but it appears you're 41 years old.
If this is true, you do not need your mother's permission to get help for ocd or emetophobia. You are capable of making your own decisions and devoting resources to help yourself. Psychiatrists and psychologists are able to evaluate and respond to your needs. Best wishes.

In brief: At age 41?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Vicken Poochikian