I have interstitial cystitis. What is the newest, latest treatment?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Multimodal.
Therapy is typically multi-modal, including the use of a bladder coating agent (cystistat (sodium hyaluronate) and uracyst (chondroitin)), an antihistamine , and a low dose antidepressant (amitriptyline) to fight neurogenic inflammation.
Use of pentosan polysulfate or heparin, sodium hyaluronate, Lidocaine and sodium bicarbonate, stops flare ups.

In brief: Multimodal.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Interstim
For severe cases where one is considering bladder removal - Cyclosporine has been used.
Diet is always a must as is smoking cessation.

In brief: Interstim
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
In brief: I would use old txmt
This is a new look at an old idea.
Janet g. Travell, md a pain pioneer concluded that chronic tissue pain was caused by numerous trigger points in muscle fibers causing the muscles to contract compressing nerves, vessels and alter the flow of lymphatics. The pyramidalis and pelvic floor muscles are the cause. So this is a mechanical cause and requires a manual treatment. Acupuncture! see files.

In brief: I would use old txmt
This is a new look at an old idea.
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Jane Van Dis