I have a hunch back curve on my neck; please help?

Dr. Stevan Cordas

In brief: Hump

A upper thoracic kyphosis can occur after chronic steroids or a disorder of the adrenal glands.
Rarely it is due to congenital problems, bad posture or bony diseases. Review this note with your doctor.

In brief: Hump

Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management

In brief: Several poss. causes

'hunchback' can be due to compression fractures of the vertebrae, but can also have causes such as steroid use, which cause a 'fat pad' to enlarge in the area, and functional causes such as weak vertebral ligaments, spasms of tiny muscles which control vertebral motion, and even problems with the ribs or the muscles between the ribs.
Many of these causes are treatable by an osteopathic doctor.

In brief: Several poss. causes

Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Dr. Mitchell Cohn