How to treat repeating cases of Achilles tendonitis?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Prolotherapy
I'm utilizing a series of dextrose prolotherapy injections to treat difficult cases of achilles tendonitis.
A couple a studies validate the benefit of these potentially regenerative injections. Of course, treating any case of recurrent tendonitis involves determining the causes and eliminating these.

In brief: Prolotherapy
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Stephen Cohen
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Newer Treatments
Common treatments for achilles tendonitis are gastroc/soleus stretches, heel lifts, anti-inflammatory medications, orthotics, and eccentric strengthening.
I have been dealing with this condition myself for over five years, which was refractory to all the above. Newer treatments including ultrasounded guided tenotomy & prp really helped me. People are also now using stem cell treatments as well.

In brief: Newer Treatments
Dr. Stephen Cohen
Dr. Stephen Cohen
In brief: Achilles tendonitis
In brief: Achilles tendonitis
Physical therapy and orthotics.
Dr. Raymond Stolarski
Dr. Raymond Stolarski
In brief: See a doctor
You need to be examined and evaluated to find the cause of the problem and then a plan for treatment can be formulated.

In brief: See a doctor
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Adam Teichman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Shockwave therapy
The management of achilles tendinitis and insertional achilles tendonitis is, at times, difficult to manage.
Conservative treatments may include rest, ice, nsaids, heel lifts, and physical therapy. Extracoporal shockwave has been shown to be beneficial in treating painful chronic inflamation such as achilles tendonitis. See a specialist for more information on this treatment.

In brief: Shockwave therapy
Dr. Adam Teichman
Dr. Adam Teichman
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Heel cup
The treatment for repeated cases of achilles tendonitis usually consists of nsaids (motrin), daily stretching and physical therapy.
A heel cup can be helpful to prevent rubbing and discomfort from the back of the shoe.

In brief: Heel cup
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit