How to prevent neck and shoulder pain from heavy lifting work?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Prevent or treat?
To prevent it you need to limit the weight lifting or limit the repetitions.
To treat it i suggest heat and massage. You could consider adding a muscle relaxer.

In brief: Prevent or treat?
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Vic Kalman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Body Mechanics
Your spine sees a lot of forces with lifting and twisting.
You must use proper mechanics when lifting and always be aware of your position in space. It helps to have a strong core, the muscles that support your abdomen, chest and spine. I would consult with a physical therapist familiar with work injuries. You need your work space to be evaluated and your body evaluated for areas of weakness

In brief: Body Mechanics
Dr. Vic Kalman
Dr. Vic Kalman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine