I heard this crack from my tooth that i had a root canal on 4 yrs ago. Will I have to get it pulled out or even extractions on it?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See your dentist

for evaluation, x-ray.
Depending on the size and location of the crack, treatment may vary from bonding to post and crown. A severely cracked tooth may need extraction and tooth replacement.

In brief: See your dentist

for evaluation, x-ray.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Maybe

The sound may have been the tooth fracturing.
Of perhaps the restoration See your dentist. If the tooth has fractured, it will likely have to be extracted

In brief: Maybe

In brief: Crack

Hearing the tooth crack is not good, and often--although not always--is from something in the tooth having cracked or broken.
This may or may not be the tooth itself, however. If you have a crown on it, its porcelain may have fractured, and if you have a filling, it may have broken or got de-bonded from the tooth. These are often treatable. If the root is cracked, it may require removal.

In brief: Crack

Dr. Andrea Brand