How do I get rid of my varicose veins without surgery?

Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Many ways

There are many possible treatments.
Large visible varicose veins usually have an underlying source that you can't see. That is why it is so important to have an evaluation with ultrasound to make sure that any underlying vein trouble is identified and treated. These days, underlying vein trouble is treated with laser, rf ablation or foam sclerotherapy. The best doctor to see is a phlebologist.

In brief: Many ways

There are many possible treatments.
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Not likely

The best way to rid yourself of varicose is going to involve some form of surgery.
You should start with an ultrasound of the leg that will let you know if the saphenous vein has reflux. This can be fixed with endovenous ablation. Then if there are residual veins they can be addressed as well. See a vein specialist.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Depends

Really depends on the size.
Smaller (spider) veins can be treated with injection sclerotherapy or laser. Larger veins can be treated with chemical or heat treatment. Compression stockings can be used to control larger veins.

In brief: Depends

Really depends on the size.
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: You cant

You could do sclero injections.
I would still call it a procedure/ surgery as it does have risk.

In brief: You cant

You could do sclero injections.
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Wendell Goins
although sclerotherapy can help with varicose veins ,they may work for the long run. today there are other minimally invasive therapies that are as effective as the old venous stripping(RF-CLOSURE,ENDOVENOUS LASER ABLATION) ,these procedures can be done in the office
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery