How can I find out what else my mothe rcan use for COPD beside combivent (albuterol and ipratropium)?

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Spiriva/equivalent

People with COPD have tissue destruction which makes the midsize airways bow.
In my opinion inhaled steroid still is mainstay. Then we can add spirit or equivalent to keep these midsize airways open and if there is exacerbation or as rescue, albuterol can still be used and easier to get in with the above. Steroid is for inflammation and twitchy airway stabilizer. Other experts have varied opinions.

In brief: Spiriva/equivalent

Dr. Frank Mayo
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Meet with pulm md

There are many drugs for COPD including laba/ics combos, nebulizer meds, lamas, steroids, oxygen , pulm rehab, non-invasive ventilation.
These drugs are added according to gold guidelines and the presence of worsening symtoms.

In brief: Meet with pulm md

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology