How do I get rid of persistent acne and a face with acne scars?

Dr. Suman Das
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Good preventive skin

Follow good healthy regiment for facial skin care, salicylic acid cleanser and toner twice a day.
..And bpo solution..If still persist see a dermatologist or a medical aesthetician acne scar depends on the depth and severity, consult a plastic surgeon.

In brief: Good preventive skin

Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Suman Das
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: First control acne

Acne is a complex disease treated with a variety of approaches ranging from topical anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, as well as hormonal, medical regimens and surgery.
Each case is individually treated and it is difficult to recommend a single cure. See a dermatologist first.

In brief: First control acne

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Multiple Methods

Acne should be brought under control with antibiotics.
Skin cleansing and chemical peels should be performed to purify and renew the skin. Scarring can be dramatically improved with dermaroller treatments. I perform these in my office, and the results are quite dramatic.

In brief: Multiple Methods

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Acne & Acne Scars

Control of acne breakouts is a multi- step approach, best managed under the care of a physician with expertise in acne care.
A defined skin care regimen is invariably helpful and may include oral antibiotics, in-office treatments, and Accutane as necessary. Treatment of acne scars include dermabrasion and fractional laser resurfacing depending on severity. Control of active acne comes first.

In brief: Acne & Acne Scars

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Michael Persky
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Fractionated CO2

Hi msp3n, fractionated co2 laser such as fraxel repair is excellent for the treatment of acne scarring.
Laser treatments do help decrease active acne as well. You should be on a skin regimen with products to help reduce active acne as well. Best, dr. P.

In brief: Fractionated CO2

Dr. Michael Persky
Dr. Michael Persky
Dr. Alan Durkin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Skin care and laser

Acne and acne scars are two separate issues.
Acne needs to be taken care of biochemically, usually with some form of astringent, antibiotic, and secretory agent. Many are available. Acne scarring occurs secondarily to acne. It typically represents a loss of dermal collagen support. We routinely treat acne scarring with pro fractional laser therapy (sciton platform) with great success.

In brief: Skin care and laser

Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Alan Durkin
Dr. Peter Kurzweil