My dad died of coronary vascular (artery) disease, am I more likely to get it?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Possibly

You are, of course, the product of both your father and your mother so it's impossible to say for sure but your risk is increased if your father had CAD early in life (smoking.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Pathology

In brief: Somwhat

Coronary artery atherosclerosis is such a common cause of death that that everyone should consider themselves at a high baseline risk.
There's a slight genetic risk, but even so, lifestyle and to a lesser extent medication goes very far in preventing this regardless of you heredity. Good luck.

In brief: Somwhat

Dr. Umesh Patel