I think I have post traumatic stress disorder? Should I start ssri's.

In brief: I think you may have

Put the cart before the horse.
In good medicine we work hard to figure out what we are treating before we develop a treatment plan. A psychiatrist, psychologist or therapist with expertise in ptsd needs to provide a comprehensive eval to confirm if that diagnosis is accurate. If you do have ptsd, use of ssri's is one beneficial treatment approach. Take care.

In brief: I think you may have

Put the cart before the horse.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: No. See MD

Does a doctor or therapist (csw, psychologist, psychiatrist) think you have ptsd? Ssris are prescription only.
Go get seen by a doc to check for physical illness, and screen for psych issues; may need to see a therapist; may need meds- maybe ssris, maybe not, maybe none at all.

In brief: No. See MD

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Start with a visit to a Psychologist and/or a Psychiatrist.
Dr. Adam Smith