Do I have to have a hysterectomy for large fibroids?

Dr. David Zisow
In brief: Depends on your plan
If you want to get pregnant, myomectomy can prerserve your potential fertility.
If pregnancy is out of the question now and forever, then hysterectomy is the best treatment. Other options include uterine artery embolization or focused ultrasound beam destruction. Your gyn should be able to provide you with options that suit your circumstances.

In brief: Depends on your plan
Dr. David Zisow
Dr. David Zisow
Dr. Kevin Carson
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: No
There are other potential treatments.
These include but are not limited to embolization, myomectomy, or hormone therapy. I would suggest a consult with a physician to explain each of these procedures.

In brief: No
There are other potential treatments.
Dr. Kevin Carson
Dr. Kevin Carson
Dr. Jane Van Dis