How do you get rid of shin splints from running fast?

Proper diagnosis. Its also important that you have been properly diagnosed for your problem. Shin splints may be confused with stress fractures, bursitis, exertional compartment syndrome, and strains.
Rest. Running reduction or rest, ice, nsaid's, flexibility/stretching, proper strengthening and conditioning, proper shoewear, avoidance of hard running surfaces.
Let me help. Icing the shin to reduce pain and swelling. Do it for 20-30 minutes every three to four hours for two to three days, or until the pain is gone. Ibuprofen, naproxen, or aspirin, will help with pain and swelling. However, arch supports for your shoes. May help with flat feet. Range of motion exercises for the lower extremity. Neoprene sleeve to support and warm the leg. Thank you.