How do I reteach someone basic skills after stroke?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No simple answer

Physical therapists and occupational therapists are the experts in this area.
Everyone who has had a stroke deserves special attention from these professionals and you can learn directly from them and apply that knowledge at home on an on-going basis. They'll be very happy to teach you, in my experience.

In brief: No simple answer

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Benjamin Lessig
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Rehab specialist

If you attend at any rehabilitation center or at home, ask physical and occupitional therapists to provide teaching tools and education on your loved one.
The key rehab success for maintaining independence is motivation and rewarding system.

In brief: Rehab specialist

Dr. Benjamin Lessig
Dr. Benjamin Lessig
Dr. Peter Kurzweil