How can I help dry eyes? Visine?

Lubricating drops. There are several causes of dry eye and just as many treatments. A good place to start is to use a good lubricating drop. I recommend systane balance. This is an over the counter lubricating drop and is very effective. There are also prescription drops such as restasis, but this is a medication that requires a prescription from your eye doctor.
Dry eye. Your description sounds like dry eye. Initial treatment is frequent artificial tears during the day, ointment at night, warm compresses a few times a day, and omega-3 fatty acid supplements. If no improvement, you should see an eye doctor for further evaluation.