At what age do men normally suffer from erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Michael Klein

In brief: Varies dramatically

I start commonly seeing erectile dysfunction in men as young as in their 40s, although I have certainly seen cases in men in their 20s and 30s.
Variables such as smoking, high blood pressure, use of blood pressure medication, prostate surgery and diabetes can all hasten the onset of erectile dysfunction. There is no set age where erectile dysfunction can first be considered common.

In brief: Varies dramatically

Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Any

Ed can happen really at any age.
That being said, the physical causes of ED tend to develop in older men, while the emotional causes tend to hit younger men.

In brief: Any

Ed can happen really at any age.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Nisha Chellam

In brief: 50 to 59 years

Though impotence is considered a normal aging process some diseases and some medications do increase the incidence of impotence.
Usually problems with erectile dysfunction an begin at age 40 but peak in the 50's. It doubles by the age of 70. Diseases that affect the blood flow or vessel like high cholesterol , diabetes, hypertension and of course smoking are the greatest risk factors.

In brief: 50 to 59 years

Dr. Nisha Chellam
Dr. Nisha Chellam
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

In brief: It varies

Many men never suffer from erectile dysfunction.
Onset is determined by a number of factors, such as circulation, medications, and general health.

In brief: It varies

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Marsha Davis