Where do you inject botox for migraines?

Depends... On the location of the migraine. Seek a specialist in migraines who does Botox to make sure you get the best treatment recommendations for your headaches. If done by a specialist in headaches, insurance often covers this.
On or off-label? The FDA approved indication has 31 different sites that are injected. However, "off-label" injections, which can be just as or more effective, depend on physical examination findings and the distribution of your headaches. Typically, 6 sites can be injected in this way. However, "off-label" injections are not covered by insurance and should only be done by experienced headache surgeons.
Head/Neck Muscles. Generally there are muscles in the head and neck that are treated to give your relief from your migraines.
31 sites total. The recommendation to cover all sites is 31 injections of 5 units each. This is not a cosmetic procedure. There are clear points in the neck and occipital plus the temporal muscles and forehead that need to be injected.
31 sites . To completely treat all possible sites a total of 31 injections are performed.
Head muscles. Depend upon the distribution of headache..........Mostly in temporal, frontal muscles are included rest depend upon the distribution.........
Well defined sites. There are 31 defined sites to completely cover the involved muscles in the neck and scalp.
Trigger points. These migraine triggers need to be localized with the patient so the Botox can eliminate the starting focus of the headache. This may be just right or left of the medial brow, in the corrugator muscle, or in the occipital muscles at the nape of the neck. Dosages in the 20 to 40 unit range have been effective for 3 to 6 months for my patients.