50mg tramadol isn't giving me relief at all for fibromyalgia or behcets joint pain. Any other pain med recommendations?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See details

First of all, your doctor has to try to determine whether the pain is related to fm or to behcet's.
I agree fibromyalgia pain should be treated with meds such as cymbalta, gabapentin, Lyrica or savella (milnacipran). Behcet's induced arthritic pain will respond to other approaches including prednisone, Methotrexate or tnf agents.

In brief: See details

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Fibromyalgia

In general i often remind and teach my patient that this term, fibromyalgia, may not have a medical answer and that they should be looking at alternative medical practices and meditation and yoga as a way to manage living with this problem. But, in general if you have not been put on Cymbalta (duloxetine) yet that would be the next step for me with medication.

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham