Does cymbalta (duloxetine) help with depression?

Dr. Richard Malen
In brief: Cymbalta (duloxetine)
Cymbalta (duloxetine) is approved for treatment of major depression.
Most of the consumer marketing has focusted on its use in pain conditions. It is in the class of snri drugs that are effective anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs. In my practice I have found it very useful and have seen it help many persons with depression.

In brief: Cymbalta (duloxetine)
Dr. Richard Malen
Dr. Richard Malen
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Yes.
Cymbalta, also called duloxetine, is a relatively newer antidepressant, but its benefits for depression have been well established.
It is called a mixed-reuptake inhibitor, because it affects both at least two brain neurotransmitters, norepinephrine and serotonin. Some people do better with it than with a medicine that affects only serotonin.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Momen El Nesr
Addiction Medicine
In brief: It's antidepressant
It's an antidepressant, but the depression can be something else.

In brief: It's antidepressant
Dr. Momen El Nesr
Dr. Momen El Nesr
Dr. Eric Weisman