Does sugar really cause hyperactivity in children?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: My opinion,yes

I have seen hundreds of children with add, adhd and even autism where there is laboratory proof of vitamin b1 deficiency.
This vitamin is of vital importance in the metabolism of sugar. This can and does affect the normal functions of the brain, particularly the part of the brain that deals with emotions. Please see my blog "oxygen, the spark of life".

In brief: My opinion,yes

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: Not really

It's a little bit of a myth about that.
Caffeine and certain dyes certainly can though, i know i've seen it, and parents have done "studies" at home with different products. Sugar though is burned up and dumped out of the system quickly though, so any rise is gone after less than a few minutes to an hour.

In brief: Not really

It's a little bit of a myth about that.
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Jonathan Jassey