Do you think I have colon cancer? Bleeding from rectum

Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: Maybe
Get checked. Could be anal fissure or hemorrhoids.
Don't want to miss a cancer in its early stages.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Pathology
In brief: Need more informatio
Is this fresh blood or altered blood? Bright blood per rectum is more likely to be due to hemorrhoids than cancer.
But bleeding from even hemorrhoids can cause anemia and related health problems. Any bleeding from any orifice is a good reason to see your doctor asap.

In brief: Need more informatio
Dr. Tushar Patel
Radiology
In brief: See a doctor
Rectal bleeding can be from a variety of causes including hemmorhoids, colon cancer, diverticular disease, etc.
You need to get it checked out by your doctor.

In brief: See a doctor
Dr. Tushar Patel
Dr. Tushar Patel
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: You should see MD
I think it is not normal and you should see your doctor and have a further evaluation.
It could be bleeding from hemorrhoid, could be from diverticulosis, could be from the upper GI area- stomach etc, could be from mass or cancer in the rectum/colon etc. What ever the cause is- rectal bleeding is never normal and should be evaluated further. Colonoscopy would need to be done +/- endoscopy.

In brief: You should see MD
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery