Do I need to have surgery on my foot by a foot ortho surgeon?

In brief: Check them out

If you need surgery on your foot/ankle, you can see a podiatrist or an ortho foot/ankle surgeon.
My suggestion is to check out both types and see who you feel more comfortable with during the visit.

In brief: Check them out

Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Tharesh Udupa

In brief: No

You can see a podiatrist for evaluation and treatment.

In brief: No

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh

In brief: No

Both a podiatric foot and ankle surgeon and an orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon can operate on your foot, it's up to you to determine their experience and qualifications for treating your condition.

In brief: No

Dr. Christopher Pappas
Dr. Christopher Pappas

In brief: Not necessarily

By a "foot ortho surgeon" i assume you are referring to an orthopedic surgeon who is specializing in feet.
There are many excellent podiatry practices as well and some are in association with an orthopedic group. Either way is fine. I would look for a board certified foot surgeon in either case. Try to find out how many foot cases they have done and try to get testimonials from their patients.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Dr. Angelo Mitsos

In brief: No

Several types of doctors can perform surgery on your foot including a podiatrist or orthodedic surgeon.

In brief: No

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery