Is it fair for a teen to have to deal with grandma's brain damage from stroke after having dealt with grandpa's dementia? He is kind.

Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Not sure

What you mean by "deal with".
It is hard to have to deal with the emotional impact of your grandparents' problems. There is help out there. I suffest that you see a therapist to help you work through those emotions. Unfortunately, fairness doesn't enter into it.

In brief: Not sure

What you mean by "deal with".
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Fair?

Families generally help each other. No doubt, it's burdensome for you to be asked to help.
Perhaps you can negotiate schedules and tasks that suit you. You have a right to your life too - if you're overburdened, speak up but don't expect a complete "pass". It's easy to say "i love you" to your grandparents, but actions speak so much more loudly than words.

In brief: Fair?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner