Eye surgery detached retina. Can the sureal buckel be removed. It makes me very near sited?

Dr. Leonard Friedman
Ophthalmology

In brief: Retinal detatchment

You need to discuss this with your surgeon.
The most important thing is keeping your retina in place. Most of the time the buckle is left in place and is not removed just because of the nearsightedness.

In brief: Retinal detatchment

Dr. Bruce Saran
Ophthalmology

In brief: Yes.

Adding laser to the peripheral laser a week before the scleral buckle removal minimizes the risk of re-detachment.
The buckle element can then be removed. I have done this about a dozen times without a problem.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Scleral buckle

In some cases, a scleral buckle can be removed but in most cases it is left indefinitely.
You can consider glasses, a contact lens, or laser eye surgery to correct the near-sightedness.

In brief: Scleral buckle

Dr. Peter Kurzweil