Could the chronic pressure in my ear be caused by a tmd-related problem?

Dr. Neil Giddings
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Possibly

I assume that you are referring to TMJ problems, tempero mandibular joint.
It would still be a good idea to have your ears examined by an ENT doctor with a hearing test, and further testing if appropriate.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Neil Giddings
Dr. Neil Giddings
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

Yes, ear pressure or fullness common TMJ symptom.

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia

In brief: Possible

If you have had your ear examined by a physician and everything looks normal, it could be related.
I would then seek a dentist that can give you a diagnosis of the problem before offering treatment options. Tmd is not a diagnosis. It needs to be more specific.

In brief: Possible

Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. John Van der Werff

In brief: CAN BE A CONCERN

Chronic pressure in the ear can be caused by a misalignment of the jaw joints, but i would first consider seeing an ENT professional to rule out other ear and sinus problems.

In brief: CAN BE A CONCERN

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Eric Weisman