There's thick sticky with blood mucus came out of my throat. I keep blowing my nose forcefully for 2 days (flu). What do you think happened here?

Dr. Edwin Medina
General Practice

In brief: Check for strep

If it is not post nasal drip(from a severe sinus infection), then you should at least insure that you do not have a streptococcal infection.
If you have already ruled out a sinus infection then have the rapid strep test done. At the very least check with your pcp to insure that it is not something more serious.

In brief: Check for strep

Dr. Azmat Qayyum
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Sinusitis.

I think you had viral upper resp infection along with sinusitis.
This all gets better within a week. Bit if you keep coughing longer than 10 days without any fever or sinus drainage( nasal discharge ). Then i will blame ramipril causing prolonged cough. If you keep having discolored nasal discharge then you may need antibiotics

In brief: Sinusitis.

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues

In brief: Nose bleeding

You mucus membranes in your sinus are irritated and bleeding into the nasal mucus and draining down the back of your throat.
Use a saline spray or wash. Try not to blow so hard that you rattle your nasal passages and aggravate the bleeding. If your passages get blocked that could set you up for an infection. Get a saline spray with glycerine which will help moisturize. Steam hood over the sink.

In brief: Nose bleeding

Dr. Stuart Hickerson

In brief: Mucus

Probably a upper respiratory infection which is usually viral.
It is not uncommon to get some bleeding from your nasal passages to get into the back of your throat. I do not know what your risk is or how sore your throat, but strep throat possible.

In brief: Mucus

Dr. Vicken Poochikian