Can I stop taking my antibiotics (for my wisdom teeth being taken out) for 24 hrs so I can breastfeed?

In brief: Why stop???

A general rule of thumb for breast feeders: if i might prescribe a med (abx or other) to your baby at that age it will be ok for you to bf while taking them. We specifically avoid sulfa drugs in the first 2m and the floxins (ofloxacin) in infancy.
Check with your ped but i don't see a reason for you to stop taking care of yourself if the med won't hurt baby.

In brief: Why stop???

In brief: Don't need to stop

You should not stop taking your medication, but check with your doctor to make sure the antibiotic is ok to take when nursing.

In brief: Don't need to stop

Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Adam Levy