My back and neck really hurt and I have scoliosis. What do I do?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Be seen

I definitely would not hesitate to be seen and evaluated for your scoliosis, but also for the pain you are having; which may or may not be related.
There may be a simple option to get you more comfortable.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Dennis Giannini
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Exercise, ice, heat

Gentle range of motion, stretching and walking or any low-impact cardiovascular exercise.
Pain can be relieved with over-the-counter medications like advil or aleve (naproxen). Ice for about 45 minutes will address inflammation and swelling, never apply ice to the skin, always over a towel or clothing. Follow this by heat for about 20 to 25 minutes to help soothe and relax tight muscles.

In brief: Exercise, ice, heat

Dr. Dennis Giannini
Dr. Dennis Giannini
Dr. Jack Hinkle