Can I refuse treatment for advanced cancer?

Pathology

A competent adult is free to make his/her treatment decisions.
However, it is usually a good idea to take your doctor's advice.

Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

You can refuse treatment for any medical problem including cancer.
Ultimately the decision about getting treatment for advanced cancer is up to you. You should have a discussion with your oncologist regarding the benefits, risks and side effects of cancer therapy. You should also discuss quality of life and how cancer therapy will impact that as well.

Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Liawaty Ho

I agree with dr.Goldstein.
As a patient it is your right to accept or to refuse treatments or any procedures if you do not want to. Now, my advice though, i'd like you at least to discuss everything the pros and cons & everything in detail ( incuding the quality of live etc) with your oncologist about the options- treatment vs palliative care.Talk to your family. But, decision is ultimately yours.

I agree with dr.Goldstein.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho