Why do I always get razor bumps when i shave my pubic area but nowhere else?

In brief: The hairs are coarse

Insure you use fresh, sharp blades vice dull blades.
If hair is > several mm long – then trim before shaving. Wash area before shaving – warm water helps to soften hair. Use a lubricant when shaving. Avoid using products that contain alcohol or are scented. Shave in direction of the hair – not against it. Be gentle when shaving – don’t push down too hard. Moisturize skin after shaving.

In brief: The hairs are coarse

Dr. Rajendra Tripathi
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Sensitive skin

Skin in this area is extremely sensitive and gets irritated easily leading to swelling and the bumps.
Hope that helps

In brief: Sensitive skin

Hope that helps