I have a lot of acne scars. Black/filipino mix with dark skin. Are there any acne treatments for dark skin?

Dr. Kathleen Gilmore
Urgent Care

In brief: Tx scars dark skin

Dark spot or hyperpigmentation and scarring from acne can be managed in people with darker skin.
I like to use tretinoin to exfoliate, and hydroquinone to lighten (i prefer 4%) as a pretreatment. Scarring can be mild to deep and severe. Fractional ablation for mild scarring, deep scars may require full ablation or excision. Before treating it is important to learn if there is history of keloid.

In brief: Tx scars dark skin