Why is anxiety making me so ill? Bp goes up over 100 for lower number.

Dr. John Benson

In brief: BP and "anxiety"

Your body is made to respond to challenges with BP increases and adjustments.
Learn to do mindfulness meditation; google this or find any short book on it, and teach your body to relax. If your "lower number" is hitting 100, with or without "anxiety" then your blood pressure is not yet optimally controlled, so keep working with your doc. Allow any stressing over your BP numbers to disappear.

In brief: BP and "anxiety"

Dr. John Benson
Dr. John Benson
Dr. Samuel Miles

In brief: Hypertension

I don't know if your high blood pressure reading is a result of anxiety.
Usually when anxiety effects blood pressure it increases the systolic value (the higher number) while the diastolic (lower) number is unchanged. You should work with your physician to control your blood pressure, so you can avoid complications.

In brief: Hypertension

Dr. Samuel Miles
Dr. Samuel Miles
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: You apparently

Have a reactive blood pressure.
Rather than asking why, do make an appointment with a psychiatrist who can help you with the anxiety and, therefore, your blood pressure!

In brief: You apparently

Have a reactive blood pressure.
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology