Why have I got blood clots in my period? I am afraid to tell my mom.

In brief: Menstrual clots

Sometimes clots are normal and you should not be afraid to tell your mom or a responsible adult.
You should have a gyn exam which could be obtained at your doctor or a women's clinic such as planned parenthood. If you can't talk with your mom, try your coach or the school counselor, or adult female relative, or maybe your friends mom. Don't be scared alone.

In brief: Menstrual clots

Dr. Kathryn Wagner
Dr. Kathryn Wagner
Dr. William Lee

In brief: Probably normal

Blood clots mean you are bleeding a little heavier than normal.
Many women have some blood clots. Why would you be afraid to tell your mom about something that is going on which is fairly normal? Why would you be afraid to tell your mom anything at all. She loves you and wants only the best for you.

In brief: Probably normal

Dr. William Lee
Dr. William Lee
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham